This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

Ten years and counting

>> Wednesday, December 1, 2010


Tony and I celebrated our ten-year anniversary on Saturday. We met during our freshman year of high school, back when we were just 14. He sat behind me in English class, and thanks to our assigned seats we like to say we met because of alphabetical order. The official start to our relationship came a few days after Thanksgiving, when he called to ask me a question about isosceles trapezoids (we also had geometry class together), followed by a request to join him for a movie. We went to see Bounce (it's terrible); my parents drove us to the theater because, hey, we were 14 and couldn't yet drive.


After high school, we both headed off to separate colleges; I moved to Georgia, and Tony went to school in Michigan. A four-year long-distance relationship ensued, during which we visited each other during school breaks, exchanged thousands of e-mails, and racked up our phone bills.

Tony proposed in 2008, at dusk in an exotic greenhouse in rural Michigan while I was visiting him during my spring break. I, of course, said yes. We were married the following summer in an Art Deco movie theater in Charleston, SC.


Life with Tony keeps getting better with each passing day. I look forward to all the milestones ahead of us, while cherishing all of the experiences we've shared as we've become the people we are today. Here's to many more happy years together. Happy anniversary, Tony!

6 comments:

Anonymous December 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

Awwww I LOVE this post. Happy 10 year anniversary, Katie & Tony! :)

Tony December 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

Addendum: In 2007, Tony got a haircut.

Of course, I discovered that hideous first photo (me hideous, Katie beautiful as always) on Katie's computer desktop the other day. I knew she was up to no good -- and much good -- at the same time.

Doesn't feel like 10 years in any bad ways -- only in a great growing love, and the fact that my littlest brother was in 4th grade when we first start dating. Rivi wasn't even a pup.

Chase December 2, 2010 at 12:26 AM  

Great post, Katie. A nice selection of photos from the past.

Happy anniversary!

APW December 2, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

What sweet pictures, Katie & Tony! Y'all are great! :) Happy anniversary!

Emma December 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

In 2008 you came to Minneapolis together and I'm so glad you did!!

Happy anniversary, Tony and Katie. What a milestone!

Cheers! from snowy, cold Minnesota

Unknown December 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Awwww you guys are so gosh darn cute!!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP