This blog has moved! Please visit my new website:

Custom cherry blossoms

>> Saturday, October 30, 2010



Ever since I finished this set of three cherry blossom books back in March, I've received multiple requests for custom books using these papers. The cherry blossom motif has turned out to be incredibly popular, and I'd like to share some of the other books I've made recently.

The Words of Lucy Hughes:
This journal was commissioned by Molly of Little Lucy and Scooter, and she plans to use it to record all of the clever things her daughter says as she grows up. It was a joy to work with Molly on this custom order. She is so supportive and always has such kind things to say about my work. Within days of receiving her book, she surprised me by mailing me the sweetest thank you note which is now tacked to the bulletin board in my studio.




Robert Frost journal:
This book was made for Becca of StormGazerDesigns, which she gave as a gift to a friend. The cover features an excerpt from the famous poem by Robert Frost, and the full text of "The Road Not Taken" appears on the first page of the book. (In unrelated but very exciting news, Becca just gave birth to her first child this week! Congratulations on your new addition to the family!)




A set of brown cherry blossom journals:
These two books were commissioned by someone who stopped by my booth at the Fall Foliage Festival earlier this month. These books will shipped out on Monday, and come December they will be given as Christmas gifts.



Pink cherry blossom journal:
This book was also created for someone who visited my booth at the Fall Foliage Festival. The covers are wrapped in pink book cloth, and the rectangles of cherry blossom paper and the text on the front cover are set into recessed cutouts.



If you're interested in ordering a custom book (with or without a cherry blossom cover), just send me an e-mail and we can discuss the details: linenlaidfelt {at} gmail {dot} com.

I also have two cherry blossom books in my Etsy shop right now, and more to come in mid November.

3 comments:

Katie November 1, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

Thank you very much!

Shenny November 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Oh, I love those cherry blossom papers! And that quote about making a Memory is so true.

Katie November 28, 2010 at 5:06 PM  

Thanks for taking a look at my blog, Shenny. I agree-- the cherry blossom papers are beautiful. It's no wonder they've been the most popular choice for my custom orders lately.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP